HampsteadNC.com (the Website) is an online directory for Hampstead, North Carolina. This page contains information explaining our
What personal information do we collect from the people that visit our website?
When submitting a directory listing or filling out our contact form, you may be asked to enter your name, email address, mailing address and other details to help us contact you.
When do we collect information?
We collect information from you when you register on our site, place an order, subscribe to a newsletter, fill out a form or enter information on our site.
How do we use your information?
We may use such information in the following ways:
- To personalize the user’s experience and to allow us to deliver the type of content and product offerings in which you are most interested.
- To improve our website in order to better serve you.
- To allow us to better service you in responding to your customer service requests.
- To administer a contest, promotion, survey or other site feature.
- To quickly process your transactions.
- To send periodic emails regarding your order or other products and services.
How do we protect visitor information?
Your personal information is maintained using security best practices and is only accessible by a limited number of persons who have access rights to such systems, and are required to keep the information confidential. In addition, all sensitive/credit information you supply is encrypted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology.
Do we use ‘cookies’?
You can choose to have your computer warn you each time a cookie is being sent, or you can choose to turn off all cookies. You do this through your browser’s settings.
If you disable cookies off, some features will be disabled It will turn off some of the features that make your site experience more efficient and some of our services will not function properly.
How can you opt out, remove or modify information you have provided to us?
You can request to have your information removed by contacting us.
Third Party Disclosures
We do not sell or otherwise transfer your personally identifiable information to outside parties. This does not include website hosting partners and other parties who assist us in operating our website, conducting our business, or servicing you, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential. We may also release your information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or protect ours or others’ rights, property, or safety.
However, non-personally identifiable visitor information may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses.
Third party Links
We include third party website links and advertising throughout our website. These third party websites have separate and independent privacy policies. We accept no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of these linked sites. Nonetheless, we seek to protect the integrity of our site and welcome any feedback you may have.
Transfer Of Your Personal Information
Your information, including personal information, may be transferred to — and maintained on — computers located outside of your state, province, country or other governmental jurisdiction where the data protection laws may differ than those from your jurisdiction.
Disclosure Of Your Personal Information
Under certain circumstances, we may be required to disclose your personal information if required to do so by law or in response to valid requests by public authorities (e.g. a court or a government agency).
Retention of Your Personal Information
We employ third party companies and individuals to facilitate our Website (“Service Providers”), to provide our Website on our behalf, to perform Website-related services or to assist us in analyzing how our Website is used. These third-parties have access to your personal information only to perform these tasks on our behalf and are obligated not to disclose or use it for any other purpose.
Website analytics services from Google Analytics are used to track and report on website usage and traffic. This data is shared with other services to contextualize and personalize the ads on its advertising network. For more information on the privacy practices of Google, please visit the Google Privacy & Terms web page: http://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/privacy/
HampsteadNC.com provides free listings to businesses, government entities and non-profit organizations in Hampstead, North Carolina and surrounding areas. To list your organization, follow the guidelines below.
- Check to see if your organization is already listed.
- Duplicate or repeat submissions will be deleted.
- Submit your listing to one relevant page only.
- Maintain a physical address in the Hampstead area.
- The Hampstead area is: Hampstead, Holly Ridge & Topsail Island.
- Locations outside the Hampstead area may be accepted.
- Listings should maintain accurate, up-to-date information.
- Listings that contain or link to Inappropriate Content will be removed.
- All listing submissions are subject to editorial review.
- Accepted listings may be amended or removed at any time.
- No warranties or guarantees are provided or implied.
- These Editorial Guidelines may be updated at any time.
The following types of content or subject matter will be removed or disapproved.
- Promotes, encourages or engages in defamatory, harassing, abusive or otherwise objectionable behavior
- Promotes, encourages or engages in child pornography or the exploitation of children
- Promotes, encourages or engages in hate speech, hate crime, terrorism, violence against people, animals, or property, or intolerance of or against any protected class
- Promotes, encourages or engages in any spam or other unsolicited bulk email, or computer or network hacking
- Infringes on the intellectual property rights of any person or entity
- Violates the privacy of any person or entity, or breaches any duty of confidentiality to any person or entity
- Interferes with the operation of the Website or associated services
- Contains or installs any viruses, worms, bugs, Trojan horses or other code, files or programs designed to, or capable of, disrupting, damaging or limiting the functionality of any software or hardware
- Contains false or deceptive language, or unsubstantiated or comparative claims
- Questionable or irrelevant subject matter
- Illegal or promotes or encourages illegal activity;
- Sexually suggestive or pornographic
- Content deemed unsuitable for a general audience
HampsteadNC.com also provides paid listings called “Featured Listings”. These listings contain additional content and a unique URL on our website. These listings are subject to the same Editorial Guidelines.